You invest huge sums of money in buying a car. Just like you keep the exterior of the car spic and span, it is very important that you clean the interior of the car as well. Interior car cleaning is very important for the longer life of your car as well as the benefits it will get you. A filthy car interior not only looks bad but feels bad as well. There could be electrical and functional problems if your interior is not clean.
If your air vents are dusty and blocked there could be risk of allergies to you or your family members. They could get in a host of health problems. Dust accumulated in the car can block the buttons and cracks and the buttons might not function well. If your mirrors and windows and not cleaned, it will not give you a proper view of the road.
Many people go to professionals to have their car interiors cleaned. They charge a bomb for this job. However, if you know how to do it you can do so easily on your own. Basically the process involves eliminating trash, vacuum-cleaning, cleaning fabric and upholstery and cleaning the dashboard area.
1) Getting rid of trash: Firstly remove all the unwanted trash that you do not need in the car. You have to remove everything so that you can vacuum clean it very well.
2) Vacuum Cleaning: After removing all mats use a vacuum cleaner to clean the seats and the carpet. With the use of the right attachment, clean the area below the seats, near the pedals, in between the seats and the central console. Vacuum clean floor mats very well.
Using a soft brush, vacuum the doors and the dashboard. For effective interior car cleaning use an air compressor for blowing out dirt from the areas not accessible by the vacuum nozzle. Take care not to damage the sticking parts and knobs or vents while cleaning. Vacuum the seats and if they are leather seats, take extra care not to get any scratches on them. Rengøring af bil
3) Cleaning upholstery and seat fabric: There are various cleaning agents available for upholstery cleaning. You need to just spray and rub very well. Then just use a dry cloth to wipe it well. In case you do not wish to invest in a spray, you can use a laundry detergent. Just add some detergent to warm water and squeeze a cloth into it. Use the moist cloth to wipe the upholstery and rub harder on really filthy areas. After this, just dry it off completely. In this process, take extra care to see that water does not seep below the carpet or seats or into the electrical devices. There could be stains or corrosion if it happens. It could even leave behind a foul smell if you do not dry it well.
4) Cleaning windshield & Glass: Use an appropriate glass cleaner to wipe the interiors of the windows and the windshield. Try not to wipe with a rough cloth as it may leave scratches.
5) Dashboard and Door interiors: Clean the dashboard, plastic parts, door interiors and fittings and the central console with a moist cloth using some detergent and polish it well. You can use a polish to make it shiny and polish even protects the plastic. Use a soft brush to clean your music system.